Prime Rate

also known as the Fed, National or United States Prime Rate,
from the interest-rate specialists at www.FedPrimeRate.comSM

Friday, August 10, 2018

Odds At 93.6% (Likely) The United States Prime Rate Will Rise To 5.25% After The September 26, 2018 FOMC Monetary Policy Meeting

United States Prime Rate Forecast
Prime Rate Forecast
Prime Rate Forecast

As of right now, odds are at 93.6% the Federal Open Market Committee (FOMC) will vote to raise the target range for the benchmark fed funds rate , from the current 1.75% - 2.00%, to 2.00% - 2.25%, at the September 26TH, 2018 monetary policy meeting (likely.)

=======

The current Prime Rate, which went into effect on June 14TH, 2018, is 5.00%.

=======

NB: U.S. Prime Rate = (The Fed Funds Target Rate + 3)

=======

Stay tuned for the latest odds and economic data, and especially for news on inflation, jobs, economic growth and wages...

======= 

Current Odds

  • Current odds the United States Prime Rate will rise to 5.25% after the September 26TH, 2018 FOMC monetary policy meeting: 93.6% (likely), with remaining odds -- 6.4%  (unlikely) -- the U.S. Prime Rate will continue at the current 5.00%.


    ==========

=========

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

>  SITEMAP  <

Wednesday, August 01, 2018

Fifth FOMC Meeting of 2018 Adjourned: United States Prime Rate Continues At 5.00%

United States Prime Rate continues at 5.00%
U.S. Prime Rate
The Federal Open Market Committee (FOMC) of the Federal Reserve System has just adjourned its fifth monetary policy meeting of 2018 and, in accordance with our latest forecast, has voted to leave the benchmark target range for the federal funds rate at 1.75% - 2.00%. Therefore, the United States Prime Rate (a.k.a the Fed Prime Rate) will continue at the current 5.00%.

NB: U.S. Prime Rate = (The Fed Funds Target Rate + 3)

Here's a clip from today's FOMC press release (note text in bold):

"...Information received since the Federal Open Market Committee met in June indicates that the labor market has continued to strengthen and that economic activity has been rising at a strong rate. Job gains have been strong, on average, in recent months, and the unemployment rate has stayed low. Household spending and business fixed investment have grown strongly. On a 12-month basis, both overall inflation and inflation for items other than food and energy remain near 2 percent. Indicators of longer-term inflation expectations are little changed, on balance.

Consistent with its statutory mandate, the Committee seeks to foster maximum employment and price stability. The Committee expects that further gradual increases in the target range for the federal funds rate will be consistent with sustained expansion of economic activity, strong labor market conditions, and inflation near the Committee's symmetric 2 percent objective over the medium term. Risks to the economic outlook appear roughly balanced.

In view of realized and expected labor market conditions and inflation, the Committee decided to maintain the target range for the federal funds rate at 1-3/4 to 2 percent. The stance of monetary policy remains accommodative, thereby supporting strong labor market conditions and a sustained return to 2 percent inflation.

In determining the timing and size of future adjustments to the target range for the federal funds rate, the Committee will assess realized and expected economic conditions relative to its maximum employment objective and its symmetric 2 percent inflation objective. This assessment will take into account a wide range of information, including measures of labor market conditions, indicators of inflation pressures and inflation expectations, and readings on financial and international developments.

Voting for the FOMC monetary policy action were: Jerome H. Powell, Chairman; John C. Williams, Vice Chairman; Thomas I. Barkin; Raphael W. Bostic; Lael Brainard; Esther L. George; Loretta J. Mester; and Randal K. Quarles..."

==========

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

>  SITEMAP  <





FedPrimeRate.com
Entire Website © 2018 FedPrimeRate.comSM


This website is neither affiliated nor associated with The United States Federal Reserve in any way.
Information in this website is provided for educational purposes only. The owners of this website
make no warranties with respect to any and all content contained within this website. Consult a
financial professional before making important decisions related to any investment or loan
product, including, but not limited to, business loans, personal loans, education loans, first
or second mortgages, credit cards, car loans or any type of insurance.